Monday, January 11, 2016

Beauty On A Budget: Top 10 Under $10

When buying inexpensive beauty products, it's always a toss up. Sometimes the quality is lacking,  but other times you can find some real gems. I've dug through my collection to unearth 10 of those gems (see what I did there?) under $10!





1. Coty Airspun Loose Face Powder in Translucent $6.49

This list is not it any particular order, but I had to mention this powder first. This loose powder rivals every high end powder I have ever tried, and I have tried a lot. When using this to set your foundation and concealer, it gives extra coverage as well as smooths and blurs imperfections on your skin. No filters needed! While the smell is reminiscent of playing with my mom's makeup in the 90's, it's not a deal breaker. If I could get you to try one product, it would be this one.





2. e.l.f Blush Palette in Light $6

This baby has been in my 'everyday makeup drawer' since the day I got it. The quality for the price can not be beat. You get four incredibly pigmented shades.There is not a single dud in this palette, every shade is stunning. There is never a need to pull out another blush, this is all you need.






3. L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadow $7.99

If shimmer is your thing, hurry and buy every shade. These pressed pigment eyeshadows are not only great for being under $10, but they would be great for any price. When applied to the eyelid, they have almost a metallic finish. I find that using my finger to apply these shadows give the most color payoff, but if you want a softer, diffused look, a brush does that nicely. They offer so many stunning shades, from neutrals to bright blues. My heart beats a little faster every time I look at these, ah the beauty!



From left to right: Iced Latte, Eternal Sunshine, Amber Rush



4. L.A. Girl Pro Conceal $5

Thanks to my rowdy two year old, and genetics, I have developed some under eye bags in a lovely purple-y blue shade. This concealer has come to save the day. This stuff is no joke, it is heavily pigmented and a thick consistency to hide even the darkest of circles. In my experience, when concealers are this type of thick consistency, they tend to crease and cake up, but somehow this just melts into the skin to look quite natural. After sleepless nights, this concealer is my saving grace.






5. Maybelline Full N' Soft Waterproof Mascara $7.99

I talk about this mascara every time I get a chance, so I won't go on for too long here. I just had to include it in this list, I wouldn't have been able to sleep if I didn't. If you want more detail, check out my 2015 Favorites - Makeup. In short, this is the greatest mascara known to man kind and everyone needs to experience it in all of its glory. That's all for now.





6. Nyx Soft Matte Lip Cream $6

If you love the look of a matte lip, but can't stand the drying feeling of most matte lip products, you need to give these a try! They are the most amazing consistency, almost a soft whipped type of a texture so they keep the lips moisturized. There are a ridiculous amount of shades available so chances are your perfect color is in there somewhere. My most worn shade is 'Cannes'.



Left to right: San Paulo, Cannes



7. L'Oreal Brow Stylist Plumper $7.99

We live in a world filled with a vast array of brow mascaras, but this one takes the cake. You can use this on its own to give your brows a little tint and keep them in place, or you can use it on top of what you used to fill them in. It is infused with fibers which cling to your natural brow hairs to give a fuller look ala Cara Delevingne.





8. e.l.f Makeup Brushes $1-3

This is probably one of the more surprising items on this list, but let me tell you, these brushes are bomb. I have tried several and have not been disappointed by a single one. My favorite is the 'blending eye brush' which was $1! I don't understand how they make their products so affordable, but I'm not going to ask questions! The brush never gets brittle or scratchy, which unfortunately I can't say for some of my more expensive brushes. Other honorable mentions include the 'powder brush' and 'small stipple brush'.





9. Batiste Dry Shampoo $7.99

If you are at all like me and procrastinate washing your hair as long as possible, you need this in your life. I have spritzed many different dry shampoos in my hair and almost always instantly regret it. Most of these offenders leave my hair feeling even more dirty and gritty. This one however, gives your hair that freshly washed, soft and slippery feeling. No more throwing your greasy strands up into yet another top knot. All you do is spray the powder into the roots of you hair and let it sit to work its magic, then massage it into your roots, Make sure you still wash your body though, or people will know your secret.


This is a travel sized bottle, priced at about $3



10. CeraVe Moisturizing Cream $11.47

I am slightly breaking the rules with this one, but it serves two purposes so that makes it okay right? This moisturizer is great for use on both your face and your body, so no need to buy both. It is full of amazing ingredients, such as hyaluronic acid, that help protect your skin and keep it soft and smooth. Because of this product, this is the first winter that my skin hasn't gotten dry, flaky, and sore.




There are so many amazing affordable products out there, so get out there and explore! What are your staple drugstore products?

Follow my blog with Bloglovin'!

I shared this post on my first ever blog linky party! Hosted by http://www.savvysouthernstyle.net/2016/01/wow-us-wednesdays-257.html#more

4 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing your tips! I got myself the mascara and I am in love, I don't think I will ever get anything else!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so excited you love it! I'm with you, I don't know that I'll ever love another mascara! :)

      Delete
  2. Great post! Would love to try out some of these products. Pinned and tweeted to share! Thank you for linking up your posts with us this week for Brag About It! Hope you will join us often.
    ~Laurie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Laurie! I really appreciate your support! This was actually my fist every link party so I hope I did everything right. Let me know if you have any advice for a newbie like me haha!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...